Pages

Thursday 19 January 2012

Jay Chou "Rice Dumpling"


Another music video, this time for "Rice Dumpling", which is a strange, heart-warming track that seems to work despite not being to hear any of the lyrics. This is his style no doubt, and something I respect because I have grown to love his work because of this, it truly defines him as being one of a kind in the Chinese music scene. I love the fact he is producing a music video for almost all the songs for the new album, because personally I find it more enjoyable if there is a storyline behind every song, expressed through the video. 

Although the song may not be strong or powerful in any way it weaves into the emotions of the viewer by it's innocent theme. The video follows suit, with Jay Chou planning a story involving a cute girl and himself having a fantasy date. He really knows how to pluck the emotional strings of fundamentally C-pop fans like me. I love the simple backdrops, scenes and overall plot. It really brings out that innocent romance that many Asian people have, because I guess we are naturally shy individuals. 
I am also amazed by the youthfulness of Jay, it's like he never ages! Although he may have hit his 32nd already but his musical career and indeed uprising acting career continues to thrive, my idol is still much loved by his audience and that makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment